Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Progress

So, we are now finally seeing some progress.  During my visit today, I noticed trim was doors were being put in.  Also, the laid the vinyl flooring and installed the bathroom cabinets.  Someone was finishing up the electrical work (installing receptacles and switches).  The front porch has been re-poured and the siding has been delivered.  I think this will be installed tomorrow, since the scaffolding is also being set up.

Lowe's came out and measured.  I'll check with them later tonight to see about pricing.

Also, CertaPro Painters gave me an estimate, which was really well priced.  Painting our entire house, minus bathrooms (up to four different colors) will run about $2200.  That price includes a 10% off coupon from the Home and Garden show.  I'm not having them paint trim or the ceilings.


Front of House.  Graded for sidewalk and driveway.

Siding has arrived.

Vinyl is in.

1st floor bathroom cabinet is set.

They are getting ready to install the kitchen cabinets.


Second Floor Bathroom vinyl and cabinet are in.


Master Bathroom cabinets and vinyl are in.

Lastly, there may be an issue with the vinyl flooring.  The first floor is supposed to have this vinyl:



And the second floor is supposed to have this:


But, I think they used the same vinyl for the entire house.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nick. Do you think it's an easy DIY to install the blinds. I saw couple videos and it didn't look a lot. Whats your opinion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's easy. I think they can be installed in about 5-10 minutes each. However, I have about 29 windows and I don't want to mess with it. I think it would take me about 3-4 hours to install all of my blinds.

      There are local installers who will do it for $20/blind, which I think is too much. Lowe's installs theirs for $10 each and Home Depot charges a flat rate of $118 for as many as you want.

      Ultimately, for me, it will come down to cost. If Lowe's or Home Depot can come close to the same price as Blindster before installation costs are added, I'll buy from Lowe's or Home Depot. If not, I'll buy the cheapest and install myself.

      Delete