Friday, April 3, 2015

Affordable Accent Chairs

I'm a cheapskate.  I hate paying more for something if I know I can get it cheaper elsewhere.  Also, I like getting a bargain.  My only exception to this rule is if I am paying more for quality.

That being said, we are looking for a couple of accent chairs to add to the Living Room.  I want to spend less than $200 each, which doesn't seem possible.  Everything I have seen is $400 or more each.

We already have (or just purchased) what will go in the Family Room, Morning Room and bedrooms.  So now, it's time to focus on the other rooms.  We plan to go Garage Sale'ing for the Dining Room set.  However, for the Living Room, I figure it will be harder to find what we want.

I have been to numerous furniture stores, including the one we bought our Family Room set from, and can not find an affordable pair of accent chairs.

Until now...

Amazon has these beauties:



I'm leaning towards one of the first two (I'm cheap remember).  What do you think?


7 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of the one on the far left. Have you tried bobs furniture? Everything fairly priced and up to my standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. There are no Bob's here in Ohio, but they do ship here (15% of purchase price). They have some affordable pieces too.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck shopping. I personally wouldn't buy on line unless you have tried it. It could be firm, too soft, lumpy, not great quality, etc. Try Ashley Furniture. Many retail shops around to test and I believe they have prices you are looking for. Just my advice... I would test it before buying. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see your logic, I do want quality. I stopped into Ashley one day at lunch. We've bought from them before including my Leather recliner we bought a couple years ago. They seem to have the best deals during sales events, not everyday low prices. I'll keep an eye out for sales coming up soon (Memorial Day?).

      Delete
  3. PS. Coaster is very poor quality. They look nice but are awful. I found out the hard way and ordered nailhead trim kitchen chairs cheap by Coaster and returned them. Lumpy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. The thing I hate most about ordering online is returns. So, maybe we'll pass on Coaster.

      Delete
  4. No to online. One word....Craigslist. Check it everyday. Be safe! Janae

    ReplyDelete